Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Introducing our November 2009 Guest Designer!

~Maggi~

"Sketches: Creatively Yours" Guest Designer: November 2009

Hi, my name is Maggi and I live in NC with my wonderful husband and two standard poodles that we refer to as the spoos. They are my children and of course, I do a lot of spoo layouts.

I think I’ve always been a scrapper, I just didn’t know it! I had scrapbooks as a teen with all kinds of ephemera in them. Unfortunately, in my later years, I was so embarrassed by my silly childhood collections that I destroyed them! There was a mostly disintegrated leaf from a tree at Paul McCartney’s house in there! That is a clue to my age. Then in 2005, I started scrapbooking as we know it today and I’m completely OCD about it!

My husband and I travel a lot in our motorhome and that is the subject matter of many of my pages. I like to scrap mostly in the 12 x 12 format as there isn’t enough “real estate” in smaller sizes to suit me. For me, scrapbooking is all about the pictures and journaling. I try to artistically create my pages around the photos and tell the stories of our life together. We are currently in our 17th year of marriage and in those 17 years we’ve lived in Washington DC, Fairbanks, Alaska, Denver, CO and North Carolina. No, we are not currently military, but my husband is a retired Navy pilot and I am an Army brat. That means that moving is second nature to us and every 2 – 3 years we get the bug to move. I think it’s a sickness that many military people are afflicted by.


This is my first DT gig and I am so happy to serve as the November Guest Designer for "Sketches: Creatively Yours." I know it will challenge and inspire me! I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Please visit me at my new and first
blog: "Scrap Travel and Bark!"

Welcome to "Sketches: Creatively yours" Maggi!

Girls, as a little post-script....you are going to love Maggi. I have known her a few years now and this past summer, had the privilege of meeting the whole family... Maggi, her Dh and the 2 fabulous spoos! They came during part of a visit to the Maritimes, & stayed with us-- in their motorhome! It was awesome that they were right here visiting and could park/stay right in our driveway! LOL This gal is a wonderful person to know and I also bet'cha you are going to LOVE her style. She's so creative-- and I love the way she can tell a story. . .

So glad you're here with us for November, Maggi!

10 comments:

  1. Congrats Maggi for being November GD! You have a lovely work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the very warm welcome Ali!! I don't know if I can live up to all that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Maggi & welcome to S:CY. Can't wait to see your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations. can't wait to work with you next month

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome, Maggi! Congrats for Novemeber GD!!
    Look forward to seeing your many creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hooray Maggi! Looking forward to "working with you" Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks gals!! I am very much looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maggi, I am so happy that we will be able to see your gorgeous creations again! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Maggie! Great getting to know you better! Looking forward to working with you this month!

    ReplyDelete