Sketch #20 created for "Sketches: Creatively Yours" by Sketch Artist Ali MacDonald
Layout by "Sketches: Creatively Yours" Guest DesignTeam Member Michelle Hodges
Layout created by "Sketches: Creatively Yours" Design Team Member Ann Seleshanko
"The Littlest Hiker"
Layout created by "Sketches: Creatively Yours" Design Team Member Robin Gibson
Layout by "Sketches: Creatively Yours" Designer Ali MacDonald
(This is a pic of Pete & our son Bryan, #2 of 4 children, and our "first son.")
Thanks for looking everyone! Let us know what you think of this week's creations by leaving us a comment in the "Comments" section below. Thanks!
AND...As promised... We have some BIG "newsy-news!"
News #1: We are having a tremendously positive response to our "Creative Round-Up" event, planned for Friday, October 16th, here on our Blog!!
~What to do to be included (please read carefully)~
ALL layouts (cards, etc) received WILL BE included in the Oct 16th "Creative Round-Up" as long as they indicate WHICH sketch they used to create the entry.
What to do:
1. Just create a LO, Card, Tag, or Bookmark from ANY "Sketches: Creatively Yours" sketch, and send it to me with the Sketch number used at: email@example.com
2. YES: You may create MORE than one entry. MAXIMUM entries: 3 (three). PLEASE email each one separately.
3. MUST indicate which sketch you used! (TY!!)
4. Indicate full name or screen name you want your creation attributed to. Include your Blog addy if you have one. Know that these WILL be posted alongside your creations at the "Creative Round-Up" unless I am advised otherwise that you prefer me NOT to post them. It's OK: in that case, we can simply attibute them to "Anonymous." :o)
5. Come by the Creative Round-Up here on our S:CY Blog on Oct 16th, leave a Comment, get some new ideas and HAVE FUN seeing what other folks are doing with S:CY's Sketches!
Remember that your participation & comments in the "Creative Round-Up" will show your interest in the "S: CY" Blog. Please remember that we have a DESIGN TEAM CALL coming up. This is a great way to demonstrate participation and interest, and it will be noticed!!!!
News #2: DESIGN TEAM CALL!!
"Sketches: Creatively Yours" Blog http://creativelyyourssketches.blogspot.com/ is seeking a DT of 4-6 people who will serve a term of 5 months as designers/interpreters of card, layout, bookmark, tag and library pocket sketches!
Term will run from Nov 1- March 31, 2010.
[This 5 month term includes a 3 week break during the month of December, with the dates of this break TBA.]
At S: CY, we enjoy creative fun but since we are not a kit club or a SB'ing store, we cannot reward you with product. We will push the limits of your creativity and explore new ways of enjoying our hobby. Additionally, your creative work will be seen by many other designers and crafters! You’ll have great online exposure during your time on the Design Team at "Sketches: Creatively Yours." I am also willing to provide you with a WRITTEN reference with regard to the work you do for S:CY, and the type of experience you have gained here should you ever need it. Just contact me via email with your request.
DESIGN TEAM Application Deadline: October 18th – midnight, Atlantic time.
Submit your work to Ali MacDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org following the guidelines/rules below.
In order to apply, you are kindly asked to:
1. Participate: I'm looking for "positivity " and evidence that you are following the blog. (ie: commenting, mentioning S:CY on YOUR blog, using a S: CY sketch here and there and posting it and your interpretation of it on your Blog, etc...);
2. Create: Choose ANY (but just one!! LOL) Sketch from the S:CY Blog and send me your interpretation/creation using that sketch. Include your name and sketch number please.
3. Answer this question: What do you like BEST about working from scrappy sketches? (No longer than 4 sentences, thanks!)
4. Become a "Follower" of S:CY (scroll up, then look to the right at the top of the blog, & just follow the directions you will see under "Become a Follower."
All are welcome to apply regardless of location.
Here are the responsibilities of our succcessful DT applicants:
~Create scrapbook layouts, cards, bookmarks, and tags, in addition to "library pockets" from sketches provided to you by myself, or another Sketch Artist.
~There will be an opportunity to accept offers of various "special assignments."
~ Designers are expected to send in their completed work by the specified due date. [Usual workload (or fun-load! LOL, 'cause it is a LOT of fun! ) can be expected to be the interpretation of about 3-4 sketches per month.]
~Additionally, you will be expected to post comments regularly on your co-designers' work, and to visit and comment on the blogs and work of our wonderful S:CY fans and followers when they leave us a link.
~ Post on your Blog(s) about S:CY and provide a direct link so folks can come and visit us.
~ Display our blinkie (which I will provide) everywhere you are permitted, but especially on your own Blog.
~ Tell everyone you know about CY!
and... Display a positive attitude about your work. :o) :o)
Application addy: email@example.com
You'll be contacted by Oct 25 if you've been chosen as a new "S: CY" Design Team Member & are being offered a position!
**PLEASE NOTE:** Some Guest Designers may also be offered month-long positions at this time!!
A HUGE Thanks to all who decide to apply!! I value your efforts tremendously!
Follow all application instructions and have fun!!