Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Warm Thank You and a Hearty Welcome!


Fall is arriving with all of its' beautiful colours! This is a glorious autumn photo, taken by my Dad. The colours will intensify over the next week or so. I wish you could ALL see it! This was taken close to where my parents live on the Moose Mtn Range in Kincardine, New Brunswick, Canada.

Photo credit: Roy Grierson

As the summer truly wanes here in the Maritimes. I would like to take this opportunity to THANK our TWO very special guests for the month of September.

September 2009 "Sketches: Creatively Yours" Guest Designer Vivi Rahman

A warm thanks to "Sketches: Creatively Yours" Guest Design Team Member Vivi Rahman for her unfailing help with the S:CY Blog, and for sharing with us her truly beautiful creations. We will be seeing more of Vivi, of that I am certain. THANK YOU Vivi! Please come by and play ANYTIME!!! (((HUGZ))) to you!

September 2009 "Sketches: Creatively Yours" Guest Sketch Artist, Deanne Burton

Another big (((hug))) of thanks goes to Deanne Burton who was our S: CY Guest Sketch Artist for the month of September. I think I have an entire album full of LO's I have done with Deanne's versatile & unique sketches. I just love her free-to-create-with sketch style! So many possibilities! I interviewed Deanne when I worked at Scrapbooker's Club House as PR and Promo Director and she was our Guest Designer.... and I think it's safe to say we've been scrap-friends ever since. LOL Thank you Deanne, for so many things!!

Without further ado, I want to introduce you to our new Guest Designer.
October is going to be a fabulous month at "Sketches: Creatively Yours" because we have a 100% dedicated S: CY Blog follower and creative dynamo as a guest!

I'm SO EXCITED! Please share a "cyber pat on the back" for our October Guest Designer, MICHELLE HODGES!

WELCOME Michelle!

"Sketches: Creatively Yours" Guest Designer Michelle Hodges

Michelle's "Bio"~

Hi! I am Michelle Hodges and I live in South Texas. I have been married for 19 years and we have a four year old daughter. I’m a SAHM and I love having the opportunity to be there for our daughter. When I’m not scrapping I enjoy spending time with family, being outdoors, Church activities, and traveling. Some of our favorite outdoor activities are going to the Beach, hiking, bird watching, and driving around in the golf cart.

I started scrapbooking twelve years ago and it became my primary creative outlet while I was pregnant five years ago. It is the by far the most enjoyable craft I have been involved in.My scrapbooking style is shabby-chic, artsy, simple with clean lines and some vintage. My style changes depending on what products I’m using and the kind of project I’m working on. I feel I’m very versatile when I scrap because I enjoy creating, trying new techniques, and new projects.

Some of my favorite Scrapbook manufacturers are Sassafras Lass, Cosmo Cricket, Basic Grey, Jenni Bowlin, Graphic 45, and Webster’s!

I started participating in online scrapbooking communities about two years ago, when I was introduced to cyber crops. I am actively involved in four online communities and was chosen as Member of the Month in February and Guest Design Team Member in March for Scrappy Times. I became a Design Team member for Scrappy Times in May.

I've also had the privilege of being published four times in an ezine for the Scrapbook site Making Memories for You. In April I won the first Plum Petals flower contest at Vintage Plum for my flower design. I was invited to help out with the Design Team Members for Scrappytimes 1st Cyber Crop in April and I helped with the Scrapthat 1st Cyber Crop at the end of May. I have updated my gallery on my Blog with my recent Scrap projects.

Scrapbook sites that I've been most active in are: Scrappy Times and Scrap–Friendzy. I also participate in Challenges at Scrap Around the Clock.


I told you she was a creative Dynamo! LOL! **wink**

Here is a favourite layout of Michelle's. Below the picture, she details its' elements for us! Isn't this GORGEOUS??

"4 Months Old" LO created by October S:CY Guest Designer Michelle Hodges

Michelle writes: "This "4 months old" paper piercing LO was a recipe challenge I created for Scrap That 1st Cyber Crop. The criteria were to use paper piercing, bling, something with polka dots, and 3 buttons. I used pink cardstock, Bohemian striped paper, and the Pink flowers I cut out of SEI paper. The brown and white flowers are Prima flowers. I used Prima pearls, and the bird is also from SEI from a die cut. I made the journal box."

We began this post with Autumn-inspired colours and so we will end it that way too. Below is a bookmark that Michelle made with S:CY Special Assignment Sketch #5.

She made me proud to be a Sketch Artist when I saw this creation.

Thank You for sharing a part of your creative self with us, Michelle! It's beautiful!

Bookmark created by Michelle Hodges

~Bookmark Sketch #5 by Ali MacDonald ~ .


A warm welcome to Sketches: Creatively Yours, Michelle!

5 comments:

  1. WELCOME Michelle!! I'm looking forward to your interpretations this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Michelle!!! SO GLAD to have you here!! You've done such fabulous work with the sketches so far~Can't wait to see what you do up with us this month!!! YEAH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Michelle!! Beautiful work, so glad you are here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, for all your kind words!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Michelle!! Glad to have you with us this month! Your work is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete