Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, August 1, 2009

~Welcome to our August Guest Designer!~

I have been "'fit to burst" with excitement for a couple of months now, since arranging our August Guest Designer here at Creatively Yours !

It is with great pleasure that I bring to you the news that ANGIE REDHEAD, editor and creator of Scrapscene, is our fabulous Guest Designer here at CY this month.

WELCOME ANGIE!!
Angie is a mom and a writer, in addition to crafter, creator and designer... she was kind enough to share her bio and some of her fave projects with us!


Angie and darling baby Eireann

My name is Angie Redhead and I am a craft-a-holic! I am interested in all things crafty especially paper crafting, sewing, and all things vintage. I also like to make miniature food items and embellishments out of polymer clay, work in my art journal and on other mixed media projects, and play with my Print Gocco.

More recent crafty adventures have been in crochet, embroidery, making my own stamps and designing paper. My love for creating has been inspired by the life-long influence of my Mom, a very talented seamstress and designer. I went to school for Fine Art and Advertising Design and later had my own mural painting business.

After a bit of time spent in the 'real' work force, I am now a SAHM to 2 little ones and wife to 1! We live on a houseboat on Lake Ontario. Please check out my current day job running ScrapScene.com.

Angie tells me that her work has been published in Ready Set Create, Simply Sentiments, Correspondence Art, Create & Decorate, and "ScrapScene, of course!"

Angie's Gallery can be seen here.

With regard to some of her favourite projects, we are in for a treat. Let's begin a brand new month-- August-- full of inspiration!

Feast your eyes on these beauties created by Angie Redhead, our Creatively Yours August Guest Designer!!


Art Journal Cover: made by altering an old children's book

Close-up view of Angie's Art Journal


Cards that Angie embellished with handmade polymer clay details


These hearts are brooches that Angie made from fabric w/ embroidery & Maya Road trim

Angie's Mini Books - the one in front has a cover that is made from polymer clay


Angie created this miniature apple pie prep board made from polymer clay

Angie's embroidered sampler is a work in progress. It includes a rubber stamp from Red Lead PaperWorks and some Maya Road trim, with lots of vintage finds sewn in!

Angie we are looking forward to working with you this month and seeing the inspiring things you'll bring to Creatively Yours!

I have just surprised the CY Design Team so I know they will be hopping up and down with excitement!

Gotcha girls!!!!

WELCOME ANGIE!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh MY GOSH! HOW COOL! Welcome Angie! Thanks for being with us this month!! You are SUCH an inspiration~Your work is AMAZING & BRILLIANT!! I'm sure it took all of Ali's willpower to not blurt it out until today, that you were joining us this month! WTG Ali!!!
    Can't wait to see what all happens this month, what a great place to be~CY!! WHOO HOO!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOH! I love the pillows, the embroidery the mini books.... Everything looks fabulous! Congrats and welcome to the team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you gals for the warm welcome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! Welcome Angie! I'm a huge fan of ScrapScene, so it's very cool to have you with us this month!

    ReplyDelete