Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sketch #58... A Gem from Noella!

Hi Everyone! Here we are almost at the END of August.... GOODNESS!!!! I just took one of my little boys-- Daniel, age 9-- to Pony Camp for a 1/2 day. His big sister is one of the junior leaders... They're going to have fun! He's in a group with a couple of other little fellas interested in horses and riding. Of course the highlight of the morning will be a riding lesson with our coach! It's raining but the rest of the week is going to be nice. I can almost hear the ponies trotting in the sunshine...!




On to our beautiful Sketch for this week.



Noella Arsenault, whose sketches never disappoint, has created a beautiful Layout "guide" for us here today.
Thanks Noella!
Sketch #58


Sketch #58 created by CY's founder and first-ever Sketch Artist: Noella Arsenault!


#1~ CY-Design Team Member Rita Barakat is fresh from a road trip and musical tour with a group of young singers from her church! She sent us this LO showing the value of a loving caregiver.

Thanks Rita! ... (Welcome home!) The mauve, white and shades of purple are gorgeous on this layout! And... That font ROCKS!

#2~ CY- Design Team Member and teacher Misty Miller has gone back to school, but it hasn't deterred her from creating gems like this one!

have beautiful handwriting, BTW!

It's a real "time-capsule" layout! I love taking the yearly back-to-school photos of my kiddos...Thank You Misty: This is a great reminder to have batteries in the camera!! ;) You did a great job!



#3~ CY-Design Team Member Andi Dickson has created a layout that captures her son's expressions perfectly! A "Superstar" indeed!



Have to tell you that I just love the striped/dotted effect of that patterned paper Andi! Great stuff! How did you know that I also love rick-rack and stars!??



#4~ CY-Design Team Member Ann Seleshanko has created a page showcasing a hike her son took.




Ann, I enjoyed seeing how you were also able to showcase several popular motifs in your work: a butterfly, the trees & the tiny bird!

And hey! I see STRIPES! Love 'em! ;)

#5~ CY-Design Team Member Robin Gibson created a fun LO about one of her critters!

As an animal-lover, and Mommy to 4 fur-babies, I can totally relate to this!

GREAT job Robin!


A Little Update: We have only had ONE person express an interest in our "Guest Designer" and "Creative Guest" positions at CY. Please tell all your scrappin' buddies to pop by and see if this may be a good fit for them!



[There will also be a DT call going out soon!!]



Remember that participation via doing LOs or projects with CY sketches, commenting and being a "Follower" of CY is important in order to be considered for ANY position. You can send me a note at peteali@eastlink.ca if you feel that you'd like to more "formally" express an interest, but this is not required. I will easily know you're interested, if I see you commenting here, and CY-Sketch ss interpretation[s] on YOUR blog! I will be sure to visit, so leave me a link.


Please re-read this post for the guidelines and follow them.


I'm so excited that you're interested in applying for a position with CY!



11 comments:

  1. Oh you ladies sure know how to ROCK yet another Great sketch!
    LOVE how unique and different they all are! Great layouts ladies!
    Soon as Hubs brings my camera home, Ali will have mine too, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job again everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ladies ***ROCK my world!*** THANK YOU ALL!!!!! Will post Robin's LO in the AM. xx-A

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome lo's ladies! As always of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work ladies. Love all the different interpretations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Layouts...the interpretations are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous sketch!! I already have an idea what I will create using this fun sketch!!
    Love all the DT's inspirations!!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely layouts here, thanks so much for the inspiration!!!

    will use the sketch on my next layout and share it here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to se your creations Janis and Michelle~! Thanks for participating everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here is the link to my blog where I posted my Sketch #58. http://iluvscrapping.blogspot.com/2009/08/my-4th-of-july-sketch-for-creatively.html

    GDT Contest. Thank you for the inspiration of the sketch looking forward to creating with more of them.

    ReplyDelete