Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Welcome to a NEW S:CY Designer!

Hello Everyone! I have some very exciting news!

Please welcome Janice Coble to the "Sketches: Creatively Yours" Design Team!!!!

                      
 S:CY Design Team Member: Janice Coble

Janice has been a regular participant  at S:CY, & has oodles of talent, so it was with great pleasure that I was able to ask her to join us.  

Janice kindly provided a bio to help me introduce her.


Hi! My name is Janice. I live in Illinois about 45 miles southwest of the Windy City, aka Chicago. I have grown-up twins (29 yo), 5 nephews and 1 great-nephew ~~~ yes a family of ALL boys.

I am a bowler with a 185 avg and enjoy going to tournaments around the country (Reno, NC, Texas in recent years). Oh yeah, I also have a real job, I am an Assistant Admin with a scientific research laboratory --- that is not as complicated as it sounds!

I started this craft venture way back when I was 9 or 10 years old. A neighbor taught me to crochet and I was hooked (no pun intended). A few years ago a co-worker started having card-making classes at work and I took the opportunity and ran with it.

I’ve only made a few layouts that I refuse to show anyone but the DH, so hopefully this will improve my skills. What ever the end result is my “style” and I gravitate toward sketches more often than not.

I love ribbon and literally have 6 drawers full of ribbon ~~~ all colors, textures, and styles. Flowers are also a favorite and I love to make my own. I am so looking forward to being a part of the S:CY DT and thank you Ali for extending the invitation!


Welcome Janice!!!! So thrilled to have you with us!

Janice shared 2 projects for us to use in her introduction. Her hubby helped her decide which ones to send in! (Seems he has a very good eye!)



Lovebirds card


Card created by Janice Coble

 
"Home Sweet Home" card
 
 Card created by Janice Coble

I just love all the little details Janice has incorporated into her cards: the bows, shaped cardstock, scallops, flowers and pearls! And-- the colours are just beautiful!

Here is a card that Janice made with Ann's most recent S:CY Card Sketch! Isn't it pretty!!!?

All occasion card

Card created by Janice Coble w/ a Sketch by S:CY Senior Designer Ann Seleshanko


Here is Janice's Blog.
Be sure to check out her lovely work!

WELCOME to "Sketches: Creatively Yours," Janice!


~

7 comments:

  1. Welcome to the team Janice!! Love your cards, and I look forward to working with you!!
    Hugs,
    Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Janice!! Glad to have you on board. Love your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to have you here! Your cards are stunning... and the lovebirds one is just amazing. Can't wait to see your future creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the team Janice.... your cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! So excited to be part of this amazing team!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the team! I look forward to being inspired by you!!

    ReplyDelete