Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, March 1, 2010

March Guest Designer!




I promised you all that March would bring exciting things!
Well, today is March 1st, and I am thrilled to tell you that our Guest Designer for the month of March 2010 is none other than the very talented and personable Vicki Chrisman!!!!
Oh my, THAT was a secret that was hard to keep to myself!!!!! I swore our S:CY Design Team to secrecy too! LOL!

Welcome to S:CY Vicki!


Vicki Chrisman

Vicki's blog is one I follow regularly... it's chock-full of many treats and visual delights- I highly recommend that you become a "Follower" there so you don't miss a single thing!

Here is where to find it- Blog link: http://vickichrisman.blogspot.com/


Vicki very kindly shared a short bio with us...
"Hi everyone!
I'm so honored to be asked to Guest Design here with you all this month!
A little bit about me...
I have been incorporating art into my life for as long as I can remember. Paper Crafting is definitely my passion. Style???... I would have to say Vintage style is where my heart lies. Although, I do love a bit of everything.
I enjoy any opportunity to share my love of scrapbooking and paper crafting with others through teaching.
Over the past 15 years, since discovering scrapbooking , I have been lucky enough to travel and teach around the US and Canada. Teaching at stores, scrapbooking events and Trade shows has given me an opportunity to meet so many others who share my love of this craft. What more could a girl ask for, right?
I’m proud to design for “Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage”,Tattered Angels, AccuCut and Adhesives 3L.
Thanks again for inviting me to be a part of the fun here this month."

If you'd like to learn more about Vicki's experience in the realm of scrapbooking, check out her resume here: http://www.scrapbookresumes.com/VickiChrisman/

Vicki shared a recent project with us today.... it's the shadowbox below. Vicki tells me that it was done with Websters Pages and Tattered Angels products. She told me it's one of her favourites!



Shadowbox project by Vicki Chrisman


There is LOTS more information about this project-- so rich in gentle detail and special little touches-- if you'd like to read Vicki's blog post about it. Don't miss it!


I have a little something extra to share with you this morning.
I first "met" Vicki when I was organizing the huge "Celebrity Sketch Extravaganza" at Scrapbooker's Clubhouse in May 2008.

Vicki was one of 11 scrappy celebs who shared their talents with fellow scrappers by creating a sketch and a sample layout!! Vicki created the sketch below and gave me the "okay" to share it here today...


Sketch created by Vicki Chrisman for SBCH Celebrity Sketch Extravaganza, May 2008


Using this versatile and fun sketch, Vicki then created the interpretation below, featuring her dog Molly. An avid animal lover, Vicki told me that Molly was a rescue, having been adopted from a shelter. Vicki also has a second dog, who is named Allie- another sweetheart!


Here's that beautiful layout...




"Molly dog" LO created by Vicki Chrisman

Title close-up

Welcome to Sketches: Creatively Yours, Vicki!
So thrilled you're with us this month!

~

9 comments:

  1. A warm welcome to Vicki! I love your work a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello vicki!!! thanks so much for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Vicki! You are very talented and it is a delight to see you here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Vicki! I can hardly wait to see what you do with the sketches here. I am a fan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Vicki - love the shadow box too & Molly has that "spoiled" look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all THANKYOU for having me here. I have become great friends with Ali and gotten to know alot of you girls over the years.. and I'm thrilled to get to play along with you this month!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vicki I'm so glad you are joining us this month. I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vicki, what a pleasure to have you here with us this month!!
    Your work is amazing!!
    Looking forward to what you will share with us this month!!

    ReplyDelete