Sketches: Creatively Yours announces
a Design Team Call!
Closing Date is January 30, 2012
All scrappers, all over the world, are welcome to apply!
[Current S: CY DT members are asked to wait one term before reapplying. TY so much! ]How to Apply:
NOTE: No previous DT experience is necessary!
- Send a short bio about your life and scrapbooking.
- Mention any other DTs you currently serve on.
- Include a link to your Blog.
- Attach a small picture (headshot if possible) of yourself.
- Send us one LAYOUT or CARD (any size) that you feel best represents your recent work and expresses your talent as a scrapbooker or cardmaker. Use your creativity and PLAY!
- Specify whether you want to be considered for the S:CY Layout Team or the S:CY Card Team.
- Send your creation and information to: firstname.lastname@example.org as an email attachment, NO LARGER than 1 mb please.
IMPORTANT~ Please include your name in the file you attach.*Successful applicants will be notified by February 5th, 9 PM (AST) by email. :o)
Design Team Members' Basic Responsibilities:
*I send out an email very early (1 month before due dates***) with sketches designated for each week of the next month.
*DT members choose 2 or 3 sketches (YES: YOU CHOOSE) of the 4-5 sketches sent to you for the whole month. You complete the 2-3 you have chosen and send the creations to me by the noted due dates. They are due back on Wednesdays by midnight AST. I will post a sketch and the matching DT creations at S: CY on the designated Fridays. Of those 4-5 sketch choices, one will be a card sketch, designed by our Senior Designer, Ann Seleshanko.
(Please Note: Supply lists for your creations are not necessary unless digital elements are included. Then they must be listed.)
*Comment on the work of your fellow DT members and anyone who provides us with a link to THEIR work. :o)
*Display our "I Design for" Blinkie on your blog and wherever else permitted.
*Tell others about S: CY and invite visitors to the site.
*Term is 6 months: March 1, 2012- August 31, 2012
(*** Except for March, where the turn-around time will be shorter. That month, since the DT members will just have been notified of their positions on Feb 5th, the sketches will be received 3 weeks before the first March due date rather than 4 weeks before.)
BENEFITS for our DESIGNERS:
- You'll receive a "Proud Designer for..." blinkie to display.
- You will be able to choose 2-3 of the 4-5 sketches provided EVERY MONTH. No "ASSIGNMENTS!!"
- Your work and your Blog link will receive excellent exposure on our beautiful Sketch Blog when we do our weekly posts.
- There will be a "Designer Q & A Spotlight" feature done on each designer on the team. This means more exposure for you and your work! (Participation is optional.)
- We have interesting and talented Guest Designers EVERY MONTH! Having your work featured alongside theirs will be a positive experience.
- You'll have convenient access to a private DT-only Blog site where communication with the Design Team will take place.
- I'll provide you with a well-written letter of reference should you ever need one with regard to your time as a DT Member at S: CY. There is no time limit to this benefit, and I will do it as many times as requested.
Since we are not affiliated with a store we cannot send out kits or other incentives to our Designers.
Questions? Please feel free to contact Ali MacDonald, email@example.com
Thanks for visiting our friendly Sketch Blog, and applying for our DT positions.